I. International Treaties
1. Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court
2. UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
3. Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
II. Regional Treaties
1. African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights
2. African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child
3. African Youth Charter
4. Maputo Protocol
5. The Kampala Convention (African Union Convention for the Protection and Assistance of Internally Displaced Persons in Africa)
1. Côte d’Ivoire’s Constitution 2016
2. Penal Code of Côte d’Ivoire edition 2017 (in French)
Gbagbo and Blé Goudé Case
Case Title : The Prosecutor v. Laurent Gbagbo and Charles Blé Goudé
Case Citation : ICC-02/11-01/15
Charges : The Prosecutor brought against Laurent Gbagbo and Charles Blé Goudé charges of crimes against humanity (murder, rape, other inhumane acts or – in the alternative – attempted murder, and persecution) allegedly committed in the context of post-electoral violence in Côte d’Ivoire between 16 December 2010 and 12 April 2011. These crimes were allegedly committed between 16 and 19 December 2010 during and after a pro-Ouattara march on the RTI headquarters, on 3 March 2011 at a women’s demonstration in Abobo, on 17 March 2011 by shelling a densely populated area in Abobo, and on or around 12 April 2011 in Yopougon.
Status : On 15 January 2019, Trial Chamber I, by majority, acquitted Mr Laurent Gbagbo and Mr Charles Blé Goudé from all charges of crimes against humanity allegedly committed in Côte d’Ivoire in 2010 and 2011.
Country : Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory coast)
Books/Articles /Documents/ Research Papers / Workshops / Publications
1. Morkeh Blay-Tofey and Bandy X. Lee b, ‘Preventing gender-based violence engendered by conflict: The case of Cote d’Ivoire’ (2015) 146(1) Social Science & Medicine.
2. The Martii Ahtisaari Centre (CMI), ‘Côte d’ivoire: Gender-Based Violence, Conflicts, and the Political Transition <http://www.womencount4peace.org/sites/default/files/sites/default/files/publications/case%20study%20-%20CMI%20-%20Cote%20d%27ivoire%20Gender-Based%20Vilolence%20Conflict%20and%20The%20Political%20Transition%20-%20en%20-%2020130910.PDF>
3. Chris Dolan, ‘Into the Mainstream: Addressing Sexual Violence Against Men and Boys in Conflict’ (2014) 8.
1. Nancy Allen Lawler, Robert John Mundt and Jean L. Comhaire, ‘Côte d’Ivoire’ (Encyclopaedia Britannica) <https://www.britannica.com/place/Cote-dIvoire>
2. Global Security, ‘Ivory Coast Conflict’ (GlobalSecurity.org) <https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/ivory-coast.htm>
3. BBC, ‘Ivory Coast Country Profile’ (BBC News, 15 January 2019) <https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-13287216>
4. Human Rights Watch, ‘Côte d’Ivoire: Events of 2017 (Human Rights Watch) <https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/cote-divoire>
5. Coalition for the International Criminal Court, ‘Côte d’Ivoire’ (Coalition for the ICC) <http://www.coalitionfortheicc.org/country/cote-divoire>